Every few weeks I post a collection of links to articles about illustration, freelancing, and general creativity.
- The End of the Line by Chris Tugeau- an artist rep explains how an agency works, what agents expect from their illustrators, and why sometimes they have to let artists go.
- The Trick to Painting Light on a Bright Day by Karla Ortiz - a short and sweet tutorial on how to capture the look of bright sunshine.
- Purposeful Progress by Dani Jones - Dani explains the concept behind doing something every day to move you forward - and how that brought her unexpected attention on social media.
- How to Find Your Voice by John Hendrix - illustrator and art teacher gives a lengthy post on how to find your style, create your own content and construct a lasting career
- Blogging 101 for Artists: Building an Audience by Kiri O. Leonard - one in a growing series of useful posts about blogging
- Art for Exposure by Justin Gerard - an oldie but a goodie, Justin explains why someone who offers "exposure" usually can't deliver on their own promises.
- Please Shut Up by Delilah Dawson - an author discusses how to most effectively use social media to promote yourself without being annoying.