Every few weeks I post a bunch of links related to drawing, freelancing, self-employment and personal motivation. I collect these from all over the web and hope that you find them as helpful and inspirational as I did.
- Learning to Deal With the Impostor Syndrome by Carl Richards - feel like you're not a "real" artist? This is actually a very common phenomenon. Read about that here.
- Anyone Can Improve at Drawing - A new Tumblr, started by me, where artists post their old and new drawings to show the progress they've made. Submit your own, or just look at the entries and be inspired.
- How I Became an Artist by Noah Bradley - top-tier fantasy artist shares his 12-year journey, including bad drawings from his past, and shows how hard work and determination can really pay off.
- The Truth Behind Honest Feedback by Giuseppe Castellano - frustrated because you're not getting hired by publishers? Art Director Giuseppe offers some tough love.
- Why We Are Burning Out in the Arts by Madeline Dore - an interesting article about emotional burnout, financial insecurity, and self-care
- The Brush of Black Wings Cover Process by Louisa Gallie - if you like my blog, you'll like this post where Louisa shares the step-by-step process of creating a cover illustration.
- The Unfair Truth About How Creative People Really Succeed by Jeff Goins - an article about the importance of having a community and a network, even an online one.